"We are not supposed to always understand why certain things happen. Trust him completely and let him be in control."

Labels

About Me (1) Personal (1) Travel (8)

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

ILOCOS La Paz Sand Dunes

I was really excited for this trip because of  Sand Boarding. I have no idea that there is such thing as "Sand Dunes" in the Philippines. I happened to chance upon a blog article while I was planning for this trip. Hence, I have to allot a budget for this, (P2,500 good for four). I must say, it was worth it!

Sir Glenn Guerrero was my guide. Rode to his 4X4 and gave me a ride around the dunes. After the ride on the steep hills, time to try sand boarding!










The sand dunes is located in Laoag City, Ilocos Norte. (there is one in Paoay) but Sir Glenn told me that lots of movies (both local and international) have been in this desert like place.
 In fact, a week ago, Kris Aquino for KrisTV shoot an episode and tried the 4x4 ride.  

Facts from www.wikipilipinas.org: With its dramatic landscape, the La Paz Sand Dunes is a popular site for shooting local and foreign films. It was used as a location of Philippine movies like Himala and Panday and for segments of Hollywood Films like Mad Max and Born on the Fourth of July. 







This serene view is breathtaking. 

The sand dunes were created by the interaction of wind, sea and river that together cause erosion and deposition. As seen above the picture, the dunes directly face the coast of the South China Sea.




I tried to sit on the board first to feel the vibe of the steep hills. 






Palakasan na ng loob. Haha




















\
I highly recommend Sir Glenn Guerrero. See you next time! 





No comments:

Post a Comment